Rules of play for 5 on 5:
High School Federation Rules, with the following exceptions:
- 2nd grade divisions will use the junior’s size basketball (27.5”). 3rd – 6th grade boys and 3rd Thru 12th grade girls’ divisions will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”). Boys 7th thru 12th grade Divisions will use the (29.5”).
- Game time is kept in 20-minute running halves, stop clock last 2 minutes of last half, with a (3) minute halftime, and 2 (1) minute time outs per half. Games may start 15 minutes early, be ready.
- Overtime: 1-2 minutes with jump ball, each team has 1-30 second timeout. 2-Sudden death with jump ball, plus 1-30 second time out per team upon possession.
- Fouls: One free throw for the amount of points you are fouled. Technical or Intentional Fouls – 2 points awarded and the ball out of bounds. One technical foul on a coach or fan and 2 points are awarded to opposing team and ball and 2nd he/she are ejected from the gym. One technical on a player 2 points awarded to opposing team and ball, 2nd on a player and the player must sit on the bench for the remainder of the game. Officials and tournament administrators have the right to eject a fan, player, or coach. If ejected coach, player, or fan must leave the gym completely. A third technical foul on any coach, fan or player and they are Not allowed to return for the remainder of the tournament.
- No pressing if team is ahead by 20 points or more.
- Outcome of pool play placing is determined by: 1-by record 2-head to head 3-point deferential up to 30 points per game 4-overall points allowed in pool play
- No player can be on more than one roster or play on more than one team in the same division.
- Home team does the score board and away team does the stat/score sheet, refer to score sheet at score table to determine home or away.
- Mercy Rule: With a 20 point or more lead in the last 2 minutes of the game, the game clock will continue to run unless the losing team drops the point difference to less than 20.
- No holding on to or hanging from the rim of the basket, period. This will result in an automatic technical foul. In warm-ups or during game.