Rules of play for 5 on 5:
High School Federation Rules, with the following exceptions:
1. 2nd grade divisions will use the junior’s size basketball (27.5”). 3rd – 6th grade boys and 3rd Thru 12th grade girls divisions will use the women’s size basketball (28.5”). Boys 7th thru 12th grade Divisions will use the (29.5”).
2. Game time is kept in 16 minute stopped time halves with a (3) minute halftime, and 2 (1) minute time outs per half that can carry over to 2nd half if not used in 1st half. Exception: Grades 2nd-5th game time is kept in 20 minute running halves, stop clock last 2 minutes of last half with 3 (1) minute time outs per half. Games may start 15 minutes early, be ready.
3. Overtime: 1-2 minutes with jump ball, each team has 1-30 second timeout. 2-Sudden death with jump ball, plus 1-30 second time out per team upon possession.
4. Forfeit Time – Game time. Officials MAY run a shortened game (2/ 20 minute halves running clock).
5. Technical or Intentional Fouls – 2 points awarded and the ball out of bounds. One technical foul on a coach or fan and 2 points are awarded to opposing team and ball and 2nd he/she is ejected from the gym. One technical on a player 2 points awarded to opposing team and ball, 2nd on a player and the player must sit on the bench for the remainder of the game. Officials and tournament administrators have the right to eject a fan, player or coach. If ejected coach, player, or fan must leave the gym completely. A third technical foul on any coach, fan or player and they are Not allowed to return for the remainder of the tournament.
6. No pressing if team is ahead by 20 points or more.
7. Outcome of pool play placing is determined by: 1-by record 2-head to head 3-point differential up to 30 points per game 4-overall points allowed in pool play
8. No player can be on more than one roster or play on more than one team in the same division.
9. Home team does the score board and away team does the stat/score sheet, refer to score sheet at score table to determine home or away.
10. Mercy Rule: With a 20 point or more lead in the last 8 minutes of the game, the game clock will continue to run unless the losing team drops the score differential below 20 points.